Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where to start...

Apparently, my small glass of wine last night prompted a large list of things that I want to accomplish by week's end. Waking to the list proudly displayed on my coffee table has caused me to stop and wonder how to tackle a list with a wide variety of importance and urgency levels.

Since it's Sunday morning, I can't ignore my cleaning duties and don't want to ignore my family but I am excited by the momentum created by "the list". I have a full week coming up and have a realistic view of what I can accomplish between appointments.

My plan of attack? I am going to do the tasks that I am looking forward to doing (yes, that means the fun and creative ones) and leave the ones that need higher levels of quiet and focus for the week. This evening I will schedule the uncompleted tasks as appointments in my calendar so I don't have to constantly review the list throughout the week.

My comfort zone is to evaluate due dates or goals and tackle the list in that order but that will have to wait and come into play when scheduling the remaining tasks!

"Time stays long enough for anyone who will use it." Leonardo Da Vinci

No comments:

Post a Comment